Monday, September 28, 2015

Textile print development - Inspiration: Southern Tasmanian rainforest and rivers

I am lucky to live in a place which is bursting with natural inspirations and unique colourings that feed into all of my creative work.  A few months ago now, I had the pleasure of house sitting for a friend who lives in Franklin (about 45 minutes drive from Hobart CBD).  The quiet, ever-changing beauty of this location served as a real reset for me after a particularly busy time of year.  There really is nothing like being in a natural setting to de-stress and relax, especially if you are like me and rent a house next to a busy highway!  Revisiting this peaceful time near clean rivers, creeks and dense bush in my mind has been informing much new mood boarding, print development, textures and colours for new work.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I find nature very inspiring too and have just come back from a destress down south of WA. Your inspiration inspires me to translate my kazillion photo's to drawings. Thank you for sharing. PP

Yolanda Zarins said...

Thank you, Peta! Isn't it just the best to feel inspired after a break and being in new surroundings? Truly a great way to refresh. Happy drawing!